U.S. National Commercial BanksRecent events in the financial markets have demonstrated that the U.S. banking system is complex and difficult to understand due in part to the complicated networks of interlocking ownership.
- Setting the industry filter to and the to and clicking will return a list of the major banks.
Enter part of a company name to search for a corporation.
- Use the pop-up menus restrict results to a specific region and industry. For some countries a second menu will appear for selecting a state or province
- Or select just the country or industry to return all the companies in that industry.
Choose a name in the list of search results to display the associated corporate hierarchy, locations, and issue information for the corporation. In each name, the part of the name matching the search term will be shown in bold. Clicking a search result will display the most recent filing information available for that company.
You can examine how a company changes over time by moving through its filings. The list of available filing years is displayed in the company profile immediately underneath the company name. The currently displayed year is shown in a green box. The information shown in the profile, the locations on the map, and the subsidiary tree all reflect the state of the company indicated on the filings for that year. Clicking on a different year will update the displays with the appropriate information for that time period. The profile displays information for the currently selected company and provides a way to move between the filings for each year
- Links to view the company's filings from previous years
- Business address or jurisdiction of incorporation
- Main industrial classification if known. Some companies may also show:
- Descriptions of corporate responsibility issues associated with the company
- Names of subsidiaries that have been tagged with issues by CorpWatch
- Link to complete corporate profile on the Crocodyl watchdog site
- Link to the official source filings at the SEC
Moving Between Years
Displays the corporate hierarchy associated withe the selected company in the form of an org chart.
- Clicking companies with "+" sign will display additional "children" and show the company in the main info panel
- Clicking on "parent" companies will move back up the hierarchy
The map displays the address or jurisdiction of incorporation of each company in the selected corporate hierarchy.
Subsidiary Location Map
- The currently selected company has green marker.
- The number on the markers indicate the number of subsidiaries at the location
- Clicking a marker shows a list of the companies at that location